Wednesday, January 3, 2007

MATH

“What you need is M.A.T.H.,” Chip said.

Hubby and I looked at each other and then across our kitchen table at Chip and his wife, Barb.

“What?”

“M.A.T.H.,” Chip repeated, “Man Around the House”

We were a little slow that day, still in shock regarding Hubby’s impending deployment.

Chip sighed, scooted back in his chair, and explained, “You are going to need some guys to do the things that Hubby normally does around the house, change filters, odd repairs, yard work, and the like.”

Now Chip, of all people, would know what we needed. Besides serving in the Navy himself, Barb, a Navy reservist, deployed during the Gulf War leaving Chip to single parent two toddlers.

“And I am your MATH,” Chip announced, “Well, not just me. I will round up a group of guys to help out. I am good at delegating.”

Chip spent that morning with Hubby, going around the house and property talking about our furnace, gravel driveways, and tractors.

When they came back in talking about hydraulic fluid, I knew that God specially prepared Chip to bless us. Of all our friends, I can’t think of anyone who has the combined experiences of rural living, real estate, parenting, Navy life, and being a spouse of a military soldier during war time, all wrapped up in Christ’s affection.

A couple weeks after Hubby left Chip headed up a group of people who did some landscaping, fixed potholes in our driveway, put up our Christmas tree, and other home maintenance.

You know, for the first time in my life I like MATH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that God is tangibly blessing you and your family during this time!! Loved your story :)

Nicole U